Daily expenditures on shaving are one of the most frustrating things that men and women experience in their self-care routine. Buying new razors, shaving gels and post-shaving lotions costs a lot in the long run. The process is also very time-consuming and uncomfortable for daily routine. Hence, many people wish they could get rid of their face and neck hair faster, but they usually do not consider a laser as an optimal method. Still, it is one of the best options for men who want to have their necks smooth for a long time. Let’s take a closer look at the process of laser epilation, its benefits and drawbacks, and whether you can get it done at home.
How It Works
A laser is one of the most precise methods to get rid of the light fuzz and thick hair. It targets follicles one by one with the concentrated light. The laser rays get soaked up by the pigment of hair color and that is how the hair starts to get destroyed. Eventually, it becomes lighter, and after a few rounds of epilation sessions, you will notice that there is no hair on your neck anymore.
Unlike other methods of getting rid of the unwanted fuzz, you don’t need to grow it long to complete the procedure. The light can get under your skin so that the hair is damaged on its entire length and disappears over time.
To get your neck epilated with a laser, you can go two ways. First, you can schedule an appointment with a specialist in a beauty salon. In this case, you need to choose a doctor who will offer the day of the meeting, attend the first consultation to evaluate your skin and hair state, get further recommendations on preparation, and then come for the procedure. Second, you can do it on your own. For that, you need to choose a laser epilator that suits your needs better and use it. In this situation, we advise you to consult a dermatologist to make sure you have no contraindications for laser epilation. Then, you need to surf the Internet for reviews and tutorials on how to do that at home. When you are done with that, read our preparation tips to help your skin get ready for the first epilation session.
Neck Laser Hair Removal at Home
More and more people look for a chance to do self-care at home for different reasons. Some lack money for the salon treatments, some cannot dedicate the time for appointments due to their tight schedules. Whatever the reason is, if you want to epilate your neck with a laser at home, there is a possibility to do that. Keep in mind that home laser hair removal on neck is as precise as the one that is done in a beauty salon. For example, if you choose SkinMyDreams IPL home hair remover, you will notice substantial results right from the first attempt. This device targets even the thinnest fuzz on the front and back of your neck so you will not have to worry whether some hair is left there. Other advantages of the SkinMyDreams hair remover include:
- affordable price ( you can get your epilator for just $99.99);
- a long period of usage (one epilator functions for over 15 years without a need to buy any extra parts of it);
- convenience (it is portable, easy to carry, and use even while traveling ).
As you can see, neck laser hair removal at home does have a lot of benefits in comparison to the salon treatment.
Benefits and Side Effects
As with any other method of getting rid of the annoying hair, laser epilation has its pros and cons. Pros of the laser hair removal back of neck for men include:
- no ingrown hair caused by the epilator;
- the risk of infection is very low;
- sweat production decreases due to the reduction of fuzz growth;
- hardly reachable areas of the neck are also targeted easily during the session.
There are also a few pros of using a laser to remove the fuzz on women’s neck. They are the following:
- the skin becomes smoother;
- irritation and scarring are unlikely in comparison to other methods of removing the hair;
- the results are permanent after the necessary number of procedures is carried out.
One more common advantage of laser treatment is its price in comparison to other epilation means. However, it is true only if you do that at home since the cost of one session in a beauty salon is from $150 to $390. The SkinMyDreams home epilator costs just $99.99 and you can use it for years without any additional expenditures.
The drawbacks of laser hair removal neck zone include:
- the need to get used to an epilator;
- minor pain during your first procedure;
- you may not be allowed to do epilation if your skin shade is dark.
Unfortunately, those who have olive and tanned skin are not advised to epilate themselves with a laser due to the possibility of getting a burn during the process. On the contrary, if you have light skin and darker hair, you will achieve great results shortly.
Laser Hair Removal Neck Before and After
Before turning to laser epilation, men and women use other methods of fuzz removal. They try out shaving, waxing, tweezing, and even electrolysis to make their skin smoother. However, all they get is skin irritation and ingrown hair. After SkinMyDreams IPL home fuzz remover, they report better results, faster recovery, and disappearing of the hair on neck after a few procedures.
Neck Laser Hair Removal Preparation
To get your neck ready for the laser, follow a few simple tips below.
- Don’t tan. Two weeks before the X-day, avoid exposing your neck to the sun rays. You need to eliminate the chance of getting your skin burned when removing the fuzz.
- Take care of your skin as usual. It is better to use only those gels and topicals that you are familiar with. If you are prone to allergy on several components of cosmetics, refrain from trying anything new at least two weeks before your first laser usage.
- Maintain your hygiene. Make sure your skin is clean and free of dirt and sweat before you start applying a laser remover;
- Consider using a numbing topical. If you are a woman or have sensitive skin, consult a doctor on using a gel to anesthetize the area of hair removal. It will also contribute to the recovery after epilation.
How Many Laser Hair Removal Treatments for Neck are Required?
The number of treatments, their frequency, and the duration of each appointment is decided on a case-by-case basis. They depend on the sensitivity of your skin, density, and thickness of your hair, and other factors. Usually, men and women need from four to six treatments to remove a neck fuzz permanently. If you have any hormonal issues, you may need to have more sessions than other people. Your doctor may advise you to refrain from them until your hormone level is normalized.
How Much Does Laser Hair Removal for Neck Cost?
When deciding on a laser hair removal neck, cost is one of the crucial factors. If we are to compare the price for all sessions needed to get your neck hairless permanently, it is likely to be cheaper than buying shaving gels and razors for three months.
The exact rate per laser hair removal session on the neck varies from state to state and from salon to salon. In New York State, it starts from $90 for one appointment and goes up to $700 for the package of eight procedures. Home laser epilators like SkinMyDreams handset prices start from $99.99.
Is Neck Laser Hair Removal Painful?
In comparison to other zones of the body, the pain during the process of neck hair removal is average. It is even more bearable on legs and back. The most painful zones are bikini, upper lip, and chest.
Keep in mind that you will feel major discomfort during the first time of applying a laser. The following procedures will not feel as painful. If you are a man, you are likely to bear the discomfort better than women.
Is Neck Laser Hair Removal Safe?
Neck fuzz removal is a completely safe treatment if the following conditions are followed :
- the salon you are visiting for the session has licensed specialists;
- your home epilator is certified like the one by SkinMyDreams;
- you have read and understood how to apply your hair remover;
- you have followed all the recommendations for the preparation for the treatment.
The bottom line
As you can see, removing the unwanted fuzz on the neck is possible with a laser epilation and the results it brings are satisfactory. The price is also reasonable especially if you use a home laser epilator. So if you don’t want to spend your money and time on shaving anymore, don’t hesitate to try removing your neck hair with laser devices.