Laser hair removal chin treatment is a reliable way of getting rid of unwanted facial hair. It provides a more long-lasting alternative to waxing and shaving. Also, this procedure has fewer side effects and is less painful than other alternatives. In this article, you will learn everything about chin laser hair removal methods.
How It Works
Before you start your laser hair removal beard treatment, you might want to know how this process works. This therapy does not involve only ‘slightly removing hair from the chin’. Rather, it features a series of technical processes. Here they are:
- The laser beams seek dark pigmentation in the area of application and penetrate into the hair follicle. Dark hair absorbs the laser pulse faster than lighter-shade hair.
- After the follicle absorbs the beam, heat is generated down the follicle. This heat now travels to the growth center of the hair and ‘kills’ it.
- This process accounts for the momentary stinging sensation you feel while using the laser hair removal chin device.
- The ‘dead’ hair follicle regenerates after a few weeks of dormancy, necessitating a few more treatments. It takes around 3-6 weeks for the chin hair growth cycle to return to normal.
- If you use the laser beard removal treatment before the growth cycle commences, no hair follicle will be able to absorb the heat generated from the beams.
By the time you complete the session (8-9 months), the growth cycle of the chin’s hair follicles will be permanently disrupted, leaving you with smooth skin.
Chin Laser Hair Removal at Home
Chin laser hair removal procedures were considered to be very scary and painful experiences that only skilled professionals could handle. Nowadays, you no longer have to make multiple trips to the salon to get rid of your facial hair. You can find a reliable device to try out the treatment from the comfort of your home.
Brands like SkinMyDreams have come up with IPL chin laser hair removal handsets. These devices eliminate the stress of scheduling and visiting beauty salons for your skin treatment sessions.
Moreover, these devices are now readily available in the market and do not require the services of an expert to use. Also, they are more cost-effective than using the services of beauty technicians. Their portability means that you can carry them along with you, even when you are traveling.
Benefits and Side Effects
Hair removal techniques are rather promising. However, it is not a one-way street since there are also a few downsides to using these skincare treatments. When it comes to lasers, you have to be warned of the benefits and side effects of the treatment before your first session.
- The intensity of pain is lower when using beard laser hair removal in comparison to shaving.
- There are fewer chances of skin irritation when you remove facial hair using laser-powered devices.
- Home lasers can be used without any special training.
- The results of laser beard removal are permanent and effective. You won’t have to spend extra to treat the rashes on your chin.
Disadvantages (and possible risks):
- Laser skincare is more expensive than shaving or waxing.
- Skin irritation like crusting and scarring can occur when lasers are used on sensitive skin.
- Laser devices can affect people with darker skin due to heavy melanin presence.
- People with darker skin can also experience temporary pigmentation change.
- Intense lasers can affect the eyesight if used without protective gear.
- You will often require multiple sessions to achieve the desired result.
Laser Hair Removal Chin Before and After
You have to follow certain rules and precautions to ensure that you have a pleasurable laser hair removal beard experience. These rules should guide you before and after the treatment.
Before the procedure, you should try to reduce the amount of hair in the target area. Experts warn against waxing since it reduces the available hair follicles for the laser treatment. Shave your beard before going for your appointment. Also, try to avoid tanning at least a couple of weeks before using lasers.
After the laser hair removal beard therapy, you might experience redness or inflammation. Stay away from hot baths and sunbathing. Apply a cold compress to the affected areas to help your skin heal faster. If you follow these guidelines, you will notice remarkable changes:
- Your chin will look smooth due to the lack of hair growth.
- You will also notice that the reappearing hair will be lighter and less visible than before.
Beard Laser Hair Removal Preparation
Removing your beard using laser beams is similar to a medical procedure, which means that you have to prepare your body for the therapy. First of all, check the qualifications of the expert and the reliability of the equipment. A quick Google search can provide you with all the necessary information.
In the weeks preceding the treatment, avoid exposing the body to direct sunlight for a long period. If you have sunburns on your chin, it will make the experience more painful than usual. Other complications like crusting may arise when you apply the laser beams to affected areas of the skin.
More so, shave your beard at least a few days before the procedure. Although this process is not compulsory, it helps to reduce the amount of exposure to the laser pulse, and in turn, the amount of work done during the removal process.
How Many Laser Hair Removal Treatments for Chin are Required?
Using laser treatments for the chin does not mean that the hair will stop growing after the first visit. Depending on the individual, you might need follow-up treatments for a prolonged period to keep the results permanent.
In the past, you had to complete at least ten sessions. But with more high-end devices flooding the market, you might only need 5-6 sessions to achieve your goal.
Also, you have to space out the sessions to make sure that they coincide with the hair’s growth cycle. Health experts recommend sparing 4 to 6 weeks between each session. In total, you will spend up to 40 weeks to rid your chin of hair completely.
How Much Does Laser Hair Removal for Chin Cost?
Figuring out laser hair removal chin cost has to factor in a lot of variables. Some of these include:
The beauty salon
The flat price for removing facial hair is around $75 per session. However, clinics fix their charges depending on how they value their service. If they employ expert technicians and use modern devices, you will pay more. There might also be discounts available.
The treatment area
If you have a lot of facial hair, the technician will need to shave the beard before the laser treatment commences. So, it is always better to shave the hair before you visit the salon.
The used device
Let’s consider SkinMyDreams epilators: they cost $100 and have a lifespan of 15 years! You can also use them at home without the help of a technician and protective eyewear. So, you can save up to $500 using SkinMyDreams laser chin hair removal handsets.
Is Chin Laser Hair Removal Painful?
If you follow the precautions mentioned above, the procedure will be painless. Portable devices for chin hair removal can feel like a sting when you use them.
For more sensitive skin, you can experience a little bit of swelling after the procedure. Also, people with dark skin or light hair might have a more painful experience. You can always ask for a numbing cream to be applied to your chin to reduce the magnitude of pain.
On the other hand, SkinMyDreams portable handsets use lower intensity lasers, making the therapy almost painless. When compared to the pain of ‘zapping’ your hair off your chin during waxing, chin laser hair removal is a breeze.
Is Chin Laser Hair Removal Safe?
There are a few risks associated with laser hair removal chin treatment. Most of these risks are due to the intensity of the lasers or the sensitivity of the area under treatment. According to the FDA, the most common safety worries are:
- Scarring (temporary and permanent)
Moreover, some individuals might have to continue the treatment beyond the recommended 10-session limit. Always inquire with the physician if the device is adapted to your skin tone to avoid discoloration. Request protective glasses when being exposed to powerful laser beams to remove hair on your chin.
The bottom line
Laser hair removal chin treatment is a safer option than other common alternatives. You can visit a specialized beauty salon or buy a portable device for use at home. Take all the necessary precautions to prepare the target area before the procedure.
Also, follow the recommended guidelines after the treatment to reduce the side effects of the skincare routine. Save your time and energy by using laser hair removal beard routines to get rid of facial hair.