Hair removal is a beneficial process for people struggling with excessive hair. It helps you get rid of the headache involved in taking care of your hair from time to time. Unlike waxing, laser hair removal chest method is a long-lasting solution. It also presents fewer side effects, like constant itching. This article will share with you all there is to know about laser chest hair removal before starting the treatment.
How It Works
As far as you can guess, the laser simply finds the hairs and gets rid of them. But this is just the surface level – a lot of technical processes come together to make this process a success.
First of all, any procedure involving a chest hair laser will take you up to five separate sessions lasting from a few minutes to hours.
Modern chest hair lasers focus on the hair follicles’ melanin content on the chest to eradicate them. The melanin pigment takes in the light pulse emitted by the laser and, as a result, renders the follicle infertile and unable to grow.
Furthermore, you can adjust the laser’s intensity to suit the toughness of the hair and protect the skin from damage. Men often have tougher and denser hair on their chests than women. Also, people with orange and blonde hair have to exercise extra caution since it is difficult to distinguish their hair from the surrounding skin.
Most importantly, you might need to repeat the procedure, depending on the amount of hair on your chest. You will also feel a burning sensation on your skin, which is an indication that the chest laser hair removal works effectively.
Home Laser Hair Removal for Chest
You can visit a specialist for your chest laser hair removal if you are not confident in your ability to use a laser. But why spend money and time on scheduled visits to the salon if you can do everything in the comfort of your room?
Also, you don’t need cumbersome equipment to get rid of your chest hair. Use the SkinMyDreams hair removal handset and get the same results as you would at a pro beauty salon. The handset is like a small remote controller, and it works for any body type since you can control the intensity.
Benefits and Side Effects
Before you start the laser hair removal chest procedure, take a look at some of the possible benefits and risks involved:
- The device is more affordable than the alternatives.
- The home sessions are customized to your specific needs.
- A home laser hair removal chest will help you save a lot of money and time.
- The laser epilation products are less-painful than generic variants.
- The results are more long-lasting compared to other hair removal techniques.
- The laser hair removal chest devices are portable.
- You can complete the sessions at your convenience.
- Blisters and scarring can occur if you are not careful.
- The devices are expensive to repair, unless it’s the one by SkinMyDreams that lasts for 15 years.
- Side effects can occur, including hypopigmentation and unwanted skin tans.
Laser Hair Removal Chest: Before and After
Using laser hair removal products ridding your chest of hair will transform your body instantly. You will notice some remarkable changes after every procedure. The end goal is a permanent disappearance of hair from your chest area, providing you with the opportunity to take off your shirt without any reservation.
Let’s take a look at what you might expect before and after completing the routine.
Before the procedure:
- You will experience a constant feeling of discomfort due to excessive chest hair.
- You might possibly have body odor owing to sweating.
After the procedure:
- You will experience a feeling of freshness.
- Lower probability of irritations in comparison to shaving.
- Your ‘bushy’ chest hair will disappear permanently.
It is also important to note that laser hair removal chest procedures can be painful. So, keep the treated areas away from direct sunlight.
Chest Laser Hair Removal Preparation
Prior to removing your chest hair using a laser, you have to know how your skin reacts to some of the factors. Knowing your pain threshold will help you adjust the power of the device accordingly. SkinMyDreams laser chest hair removal devices have a light intensity, which accounts for a less painful experience.
You can also preemptively apply anti-inflammatory products to decrease pain and inflammation after the procedure. Other products like topical creams can help numb the pain to the bare minimum.
Moreover, avoid direct exposure to the sun before the procedure. Skin burns and tan lines can make the experience more painful. In more severe cases, it might lead to blistering of the affected areas.
Ultimately, shave your chest area before your first session. Don’t worry: this will not affect the result of the process. Instead, shaving reduces the amount of time you will spend on the procedure.
How Many Sessions for Laser Hair Removal Chest are Required?
Laser hair removal chest routines are not one-offs. You have to follow up on the therapy to ensure that the results are permanent. Although the required number of treatments might vary per individual, the recommended average should be anywhere between five to eight sessions.
To manage the possible side effects properly, you need to space out the procedures by 4-6 weeks. This will give the body time to recover and also help you monitor the progress of the treatment. In total, it will take you up to 8 months to enjoy a complete chest hair removal laser treatment.
So, you do not have to panic when you see some hair growing on your chest after the first session. If you look closely, you will observe that the hair that appears after the treatment will be thinner and have lighter pigmentation.
How Much Does Laser Hair Removal for Chest Cost?
As we already mentioned above, the laser hair removal chest cost is more affordable than taking multiple trips to the beauty salon. You might spend up to 150 USD on 5 sessions (approximately $750). This price might even get more expensive if you are visiting high-end salons for epilation.
If you factor in the commute and other miscellaneous expenses, you will find out that the laser treatment option is more feasible. For example, the standard SkinMyDreams IPL Hair Removal Handset costs only 99 USD. A device of this price range is cost-effective because it is cheap and can be used for multiple sessions.
Is Chest Laser Hair Removal Painful?
Despite being less painful than waxing, laser hair removal from the chest can be a painful experience if you do not follow the prescribed precautions. The pain can vary depending on the device, the technician, the individual’s pain threshold, and skin sensitivity.
Here are some effective ways of alleviating the pain during the laser epilation:
- Do not expose your body to the sun before the procedure. If you have any sunburn, consider treating that region of your chest before epilation.
- Use a numbing agent (topical cream) prior to any procedure.
- Avoid using the services of cheap beauty salons. Highly-skilled technicians understand how to reduce the pain felt by clients, even if they have light-colored hair.
- Make use of trustworthy laser hair removal chest devices with intensity adapted for home use and sensitive skin. SkinMyDreams is a perfect solution to this problem.
When you use the SkinMyDreams IPL Handset at home, the sensation is similar to a warm metal rolling across the skin.
Is Chest Laser Hair Removal Safe?
Chest laser hair removal is a relatively safe procedure if you follow the necessary precautions. However, there are a few risks associated with the routine. While some of these risks are due to oversight or device malfunction, others come from pre-existing health conditions.
Here are some of the common side effects and explanation of how to manage or avoid them:
- Scars. Scarring often comes due to an error during the treatment. Make use of highly-trained technicians and avoid distractions when you are using the device at home.
- Crusting. Apply a moisturizer immediately after the procedure to help combat crusting.
- Inflammation. You might experience some swelling or redness as a result of the body reacting to the treatment. Take a cold shower or use ice packs on the swollen areas .
- Discoloration. People with light skin might notice darker spots close to the treated area. This skin discoloration often disappears after some time.
- Eye injury. Always wear protective glasses when using potent lasers.
- Skin infection. Reach out to a dermatologist when cases like this occur.
The bottom line
Laser hair removal chest therapy is a safe means of getting rid of too much hair in the chest region. This procedure is a more fitting substitute for waxing and shaving. Also, the use of lasers to remove chest hair is less-stressful and produces more long-lasting results. The home procedures using portable devices are less expensive than spa treatments. Follow all the necessary precautions to protect yourself from the possible side effects of using chest hair removal lasers.