How It Works
The main problem of facial hair lies in the inability to hide or camouflage it like any other body part. To deal with this troublesome issue, you need to find a reasonable solution. In this regard, laser facial hair removal is just what you are looking for. The laser sends multiple light pulses to follicles and completely damages them by producing heat. This technology is a perfect solution for people having light skin and dark hair. The principle of its functionality lies in the light mainly absorbed faster by darker pigments than by light ones. When the laser targets the pigment, it can burn darker skin, while fair hair may stay unnoticed. The laser technology addresses all the necessary parameters of proper wavelength and other engineering adjustments for the patient’s skin.
Facial zones are small, so the whole procedure usually takes up to 15 minutes. Also, you should be ready to go through 4-8 treatments with a one-month gap between them. After every procedure, more and more hair will start falling out by itself.
Laser Facial Hair Removal at Home
Getting rid of excessive hair is a part of beauty care. Due to a lack of time and money, it is perfect when you can choose between a salon and home approach. Luckily, you don’t have to go to the salon each time you see a couple of hairs on your face. Thanks to fast-pacing development of the beauty sector, the laser technology has turned into a handheld tool you can use at home. So, you don’t have to waste your time and money on repetitive salon sessions because you can have the same service right at home.
The IPL Hair Removal Handset offered by SkinMyDreams provides you with the exact result you expect from salon treatment. By paying about $100 once, you get laser hair removal face, stomach, and intimate zones whenever and wherever you feel like it. Similar to the salon approach, you will need to repeat the home procedure with a SkinMyDreams device once in a while. The first result will be noticed straight away. To enjoy the full effect, you will need to go through at least 8 procedures. Compared to painful and costly facial hair removal methods, SkinMyDreams has made this routine less dramatic.
Benefits and Side Effects
No matter how good facial laser hair removal may seem, there are two sides of the coin. The benefits you can get are as follows:
- Precision. Lasers tend to focus on dark hairs without affecting the surrounding area.
- Speed. The laser has the power to treat a middle-size surface every second. A smaller zone like the forehead needs to be treated in several seconds, while a large zone like the back needs to take up to one hour. Laser pulses cover a fraction of a second so they have a large coverage.
- Predictability. Most people experience long-term hair loss after an average of eight to ten sessions. Even if partial regrowth occurs, it happens not earlier than in 1-2 years.
Possible side effects you can experience are as follows:
- Sunburn. Within one or two days after the treatment, you may feel that your face is slightly burning.
- Post-procedural care of the treated areas. After the treatment, the skin of the epilated zone needs to be moisturized by compresses, creams, and sprays. This procedure needs to be done to make the skin feel nice and smooth.
- Some health conditions. In separate cases, the treated skin can feel redness, itchiness, and even scars.
Laser Facial Hair Removal Before and After
Before the treatment, you should take some mandatory actions:
- Shave your face with a trimmer because uncut hair can get burned.
- Remove makeup from your face completely to avoid the reactions of dangerous chemical compounds on the skin.
After the treatment, you should take some mandatory actions:
- The next procedure can be repeated not earlier than 14 days.
- Do not touch the treated area not to cause itchiness and irritation on your skin.
- Do not use alcohol-based cosmetics for the next 14 days.
- Do not sunbathe for the next 14 days. If you do, protect your skin with a high SPF protection level sunscreen or spray.
Face Laser Hair Removal Preparation
Laser hair removal on the face is a beautification process requiring certain preparations to minimize potential risks. If you consider getting your facial hair removed by the laser, give up on tweezing and sugaring for one month before treatment. You should also avoid exposure to sun rays for one month before and after the procedure because of potential complications.
Generally, there are a few recommendations to follow before the procedure. They are applicable both to a professional salon treatment and home-based treatment with SkinMyDreams:
- Face skin needs to be dry and clean to guarantee the desired effect.
- The first usage of IPL laser needs to cover the small zone. If nothing bad happens within 24 hours, feel free to continue.
- Do not touch the hair of over 3 mm of length. Only short hair is eligible for the laser treatment.
- Avoid applying the laser to the same zone over and over again, as it may cause problems to your skin.
How Many Laser Hair Removal Treatments for Face are Required?
To achieve the hair-free effect for a long-term perspective, laser professionals recommend having a series of procedures with a certain gap between them. Depending on the density of the hair on your face, a number of sessions is determined. Generally, it takes from 8 to 10 sessions to make the area look smooth. Compared to any other part of the body, it is much easier to eliminate excessive hair on the face. By using the facial hair removal laser by SkinMyDreams, you can achieve the same effect without leaving the comfort of your home.
How Much Does Laser Hair Removal for Face Cost?
The average laser hair removal cost face ranges from $300 to $500. However, the price may vary depending on the hair density, the size of the covered zone, as well as the speed of the applied laser device. After all, it is pretty much compared to buying and using the laser device at home. Let’s suppose you bought an IPL device by SkinMyDreams once. Imagine that you can now use it as much as you need for years without paying anything. Of course, by visiting a professional salon you leave all your worries behind by entrusting your skin to a specialist. But the price for a SkinMyDreams device of almost $100 speaks for itself. You can deal with this beauty mission yourself by saving much cash and time. This is a great opportunity you just cannot miss!
Is Facial Laser Hair Removal Painful?
The face laser hair removal process may hurt, but it is not always the case. Make sure that your hair is from 1 to 3 mm of length. To enjoy a 100% painless experience, you should use a numbing topical that will minimize any feelings from the laser during the procedure. The best thing about SkinMyDreams IPL device is in its ability to deliver a less painful experience due to its lower beaming frequency.
In most cases, total recovery after facial laser hair removal treatment takes two days. But some people suffer from no side effects at all. If you have sensitive skin, you may feel some irritation and redness, but no pain. By using a cool compress, you can minimize unpleasant feelings. Also, you should apply sunscreen to your face for several weeks after your laser treatment.
Is Facial Laser Hair Removal Safe?
Laser facial hair removal is considered by many as a safe beauty procedure. Being approved by beauty specialists all over the world, it is widely used for stopping the follicles from regrowth. For most people, the laser does not cause any problems. Thus, the procedure isn’t associated with any long-term side effects. Even though temporary and minor consequences can occur, they are mainly caused by an individual genetic specificity and health state. If you’re following all the practical suggestions, you can reduce possible risks to the minimum.
Generally, laser hair removal can be effective for everyone. As a warning, you shouldn’t get this treatment done near your eyes (better cover them with protective glasses) or while you are pregnant. If you notice any health conditions, don’t hesitate to see the doctor immediately.
The Bottom Line
Who doesn’t want to have smooth and shiny face skin? We bet everyone does. But the way to achieve this effect can be daunting. To fix the issue, laser hair removal has made things easier for both men and women. Whether you make an appointment in the salon or purchase a portable SkinMyDreams IPL device, you will become much closer to the desired effect. As long as you pay attention to safety measures, you can enjoy a hair-free face after the very first procedure.
Today, it is highly recommended to use an IPL handset because it saves your time and money, as well as turns laser hair removal into a pleasant process.